Saturday, September 29, 2012

Calgary Transit


The city of Calgary - what a place!  Being a wealth of opportunity, everyone is moving in to work.  The downtown core is always hustling and bustling during the week, and the trains running through take thousands of people to their destinations every day.


I've always been intrigued by public transportation.  It's always full of a mixture of people, and it isn't often that they will interact with each other.  I'm to blame for this lack of humane contact myself - sometimes I don't want to hold conversations with strangers, which surely means other people feel the same way.  But it's weird, isn't it?  To be so close to dozens of other humans, and to pretend they're not even there.  I haven't spent nearly enough time photographing this phenomenon, but it's always on my mind to.





I feel the same strange feeling on public transportation as I do on elevators.  I hope to get brave enough soon enough to photograph the elevator in my apartment building.  Being on the twenty-fifth floor, I get to try to ignore/have too-short-of-conversations on too-long-of-elevator-rides with a lot of the residents. It's just too much for me to handle - maybe breaking out a camera is the only answer to make those rides more comfortable, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment