Sunday, February 10, 2013

You've Gotta Have the Bad Weeks to Appreciate the Good Weeks

It's been a very frustrating week for me.  I know I need to pick up my camera and use it.  I should be writing artist statements, figuring out printing options, submitting work to different places.  I could have made it more of a point to work on those buffalo legs.  But I just couldn't do it.  My mind said to make some time to work on my photography this week, but my body just kept on saying no.  The most effort I could muster up was to shove those buffalo legs down our garbage chute (as I decided I didn't want to stomach whatever I would find if I opened that trash bag back up) and drag Brian out around the downtown core for a few nighttime shots.  I'm not too happy with what I got, but it is what it is.  It's been way too easy for me to say no to my photography this week, and keeping any sort of momentum going was an accomplishment in itself...









2 comments:

  1. Those weeks happen, Hally. Even so, you salvaged something. Your mood seems to have guided your camera in these shots--I've always found empty night street scapes (in photo or actuality) to have an urgent sort of solitude as if something could happen but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you shoved those legs down the shute.

    ReplyDelete