Monday, September 15, 2014

A Different Beast

There were many years of my life when I could not photograph mountains the way I wanted to, and when I moved to Calgary I knew I needed to take advantage of being so close to some of the most beautiful peaks in the world.  I left Calgary feeling confident in my ability to work a camera around mountainous terrain, and I really thought I had gotten comfortable at photographing anything.  These past few weeks on the east coast have definitely proved me wrong.  

I am enamored with water.  Every time I'm near any sort of stream, or river, or lake, or ocean, I end up with literally hundreds of pictures.  I absolutely love the way it looks, and moves, and dominates, and reacts, but every time I get home and unload my photos onto the computer, I'm stumped as to what to actually do with these shots.  And now that I live so close to the ocean, I'm finding my hard drive being filled with salt water, but I just don't know where to go with it.  So I decided to take what I know and add a little bit of Kansas to the beach.  At least it's a start.



No comments:

Post a Comment