Monday, January 12, 2015

To Wash Away

Water catches me.  It holds me down and hypnotizes me.  I could watch a stream, or a river, or an ocean for hours.  It's cleansing, and freeing, and reminds me to stay present.  Forget the past, no need to worry about the future, just let the water wash over my thoughts and pull them back away from my head.  If it weren't for my husband sleeping upstairs and my dog snoring by my side, I would drive to the ocean right now, just to watch those waves in the moonlight.  But I know this is irrational, and instead I will look through my old photos of water, and try to remember how it feels to be around it.

























































































































































































  























No comments:

Post a Comment