Friday, July 29, 2011

My niece and other things in life

This past week has been pret-ty busy.  Susan, Sergei, Vika, Anya, Sofia, and Malish stayed the night in Kansas City with us, which was a lot of fun.  We took Sofia to the park close to my house in the morning.  She is a walking machine!!





I also (somewhat forcibly, I'll admit) let her play with the sunglasses I got from a flea market that make me feel like an 80's drug lord, which made for a couple of good spur-of-the-moment photos.



After a good weekend with family in Lincoln, I hit the ground running with a shift at the Royals game, followed by my first day as a dog washer at Brookside Barkery - which may be the best job I've ever had!  I actually got to spend the week getting paid to hang out with dogs.  Granted, there is a lot of shedding hair, a medium amount of whining, and a little fatigue at the end of the day, which has made me a lot less productive at home and with my photography.  I did finish putting up my dad's ties on the wall (which Brian suggested, rather than hanging them up as curtains as I usually do), and I am extremely happy about how it turned out.


Brian also seemed to be inspired by his unfinished metal mask in the studio, and built an Awesome work table in just a couple of days!  He let me help a little bit, and was kind enough to show me how to use different power tools, which I am very grateful for.  And I am excited to have such an awesome table to work on!!


The Bizarre Bazaar is getting closer and closer, and I have yet to actually spend real time making real progress.  This upcoming week will be my big start-up week for food photos, which I am a little nervous about.  But I don't think I can do much more procrastinating...  

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOD. I love, love, love the tie art!!! And the pics of Sofia are adorable.

    ReplyDelete