Wednesday, September 14, 2011

PVC-Stands!!

Ever since I learned about the opportunity to work on pet portraits at Brookside Barkery, I've been slowly accumulating all of the "professional" gear I need - lights, stands, backdrops, etc.  The biggest expense I was worried about was one of the less-needed, but still necessary, ones - C Stands.  These are the stands that are typically used to hold up backdrops, and sometimes lighting or other equipment.  They're surprisingly pricey, so keeping my tight budget and my old photography professors' advice in mind, I perused the internet for ideas.  I found a great site that showed how to make these stands out of PVC pipe - they may not be the strongest, but for about 30 dollars, some brainstorming with a couple Home Depot employees, and a little work with Brian's help, I was able to put together two of them.  









I still need to glue all of the joints together, and trim down a couple of the legs to make the stands more level, but I am so happy that they'll be strong enough to hold up a backdrop.  This was my first time working with PVC pipe, and I am in love.  I think I'll be using it to create my table display at the Bizarre Bazaar this year - wooo!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have such a cool, look-at-me display!!! I'm so lucky to be at the table next to you....

    ReplyDelete