Monday, September 19, 2011

Pet Portraits

My supervisor, Steve, helped me practice a set-up and session of pet portraits at Brookside Barkery.  We're teaming up to include customers in a Halloween Pet Costume Contest - they'll be able to get a portrait of their pet in a Halloween costume for ten dollars (donated to a charity), which will enter them into a contest to win a Barkery gift card.  I'll get some publicity out of if, as well as hourly pay.  Not the best pay for me, but it's a start!  Here are some photos from our Sunday session.  If you want to see more, you can look at the new Pets page on my website.










3 comments:

  1. I love these!!! I'm really more of a dog person, but that cat picture is my favorite. The backdrop is great--interesting without stealing the attention. Did you do the dye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't dye the backdrop myself, I actually just got it online. I didn't want to just have a boring plain backdrop (although now I'm thinking I may have to get one, for more conservative purposes...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big old conservative. I think I would like them better with plain backdrops. Not that these aren't awesome, because they are (especially that St. Bernard's face in the first one!) - but I like plaino backgrounds better.

    ReplyDelete