Thursday, May 8, 2014

10,000 Down, 100,000 to Go

My dad has always been a fan of the thought that ten thousand hours can make anyone go from being so-so at what they're doing to absolutely amazing, which has really resonated in my head for the past few years.  What I never thought about was what would happen after you invest ten thousand hours into something you love.  I figure that I'm close to the mark, considering I've spent a lot of my time for the past seven years with a camera in my hand, and I'm very happy to be where I am with my work today.  But I know I'm nowhere near ready to say I've done what I can with photography, and that's it.  And I know I have so far to go.  

At this point in my life, I'm confused at what I want to say.  I feel emotionally and physically pulled in multiple directions, and there are days that I just want to give up, sit down, and put a tube over my head.  But there are also days when I can use my camera to show what I see.  And what I see might not be a bold statement in any way, but it does allow my subconscious to have a say in what I feel.  And with that in mind, I plan to use my next ten thousand hours finding my own voice.


















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment