Sunday, January 6, 2013

My soul will always be...

Brian and I were fortunate enough to be able to travel back to the states for Christmas.  It was a whirlwind of activities and a lo-ot of travel (going from Chicago, to Kansas, and finally to Denver), and it all ended way too quickly.  I was able to spend half a day taking photos at home in Lincoln, though, and I am glad to have these files with me back in Calgary.  

Growing up in Kansas wasn't necessarily the easiest, or most exciting childhood, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.  Kansas has become a large part of who I am - being able to stand in the middle of the prairie, with no people and only a handful of trees around for miles, feeling no difference between 1900 and 2012 in a moment of time, hearing nothing but the wind through the tall grasses, and fully understanding what it is to live in the present - it's the way I was raised, and it's the way I hope to die someday.  I have a hundred thousand more photos to take before I can truly begin to capture the essence of Kansas, but the journey of a thousand miles has to begin with a footstep.

















  


2 comments: