Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sofia, Sofia

Ever since I got back to Calgary from the states after Christmas, I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off - trying to catch up with life in another country while working close to 60 hours a week is a little hectic.  With only a few free hours during the week, a couple of which I'm trying to fill my SD Card with more and more photos, I have been sitting on a lot of pictures to process.  A handful of these pictures were of my niece, Sofia, which I took in my mom's office a couple days after Christmas.  The office has a lot of beautiful space in it, and I was excited to be able to take some pictures there while I was home (the first of many in that space, I hope).  I finally got around to processing these photos today, and I'm pretty happy with the shots I got!  It's always a humbling experience, trying to take pictures of a kid who really doesn't care if you're trying to get some awesome portraits...










And here is one more shot I took of Sofia while we were in Kansas together - I don't really see this so much as a portrait of her, though - rather, a portrait of Kansas' influence on the soul.



Sofia is such a creative, smart, compassionate, energetic person, and she's always been one of my favorite subjects.  I can't wait to see her again!

1 comment:

  1. well, I'd say you "got some awesome portraits!' What a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete