Thursday, August 11, 2011

Juggling Act

I take a lot of pride in my work.  If I hate a job, I still tend to bend over backwards to prove to my boss that I am worth my weight in gold.  But this week, I've changed.  I've decided that, as an adult, I should take responsibility for my happiness, and in order to do so I sometimes need to make sacrifices to be selfish.  I quit my job as a fan photographer, which may have been good money, but had also been turning me into a life-hating, fatigue-fighting machine.  I didn't want to touch my camera after a twelve hour day full of washing dogs and asking disgruntled fans to take their picture (hence the amount of time that has passed since my last post).  


So now, I spend my days washing dogs (best. job. EVER!) and more of my free time working on photography.  I made a bird feeder in the hopes of attracting birds to the tree growing next to our balcony, which has yet to actually work but I'm learning to be patient.



It's not the classiest thing, but if birds can find it, I'll be able to photograph them without much background distraction of a bird feeder.  I've also started taking my camera out when Brian and I go on adventures throughout the city, and was able to take a couple panoramic shots on top of the World War I monument this past weekend.



There was a storm rolling in, which made for a great cityscape.  I think I spent a little too much time taking pictures, though, because Brian and I got stuck in the storm on the bike ride home...


I spent this morning working on photographing eggs, and here is what I have so far. 




Yay for quitting jobs I don't like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment