Monday, June 30, 2014

Grab Bag

It's not uncommon for people to tell me that I need to relax, take a deep breath, calm down, and focus.    This is an incredibly difficult thing for me to do, especially when I'm feeling stressed.  My mind always feels like it's expanding in every direction at an uncontrollable consistency and rate.  I need to remember to do this, I can't forget to do that, I feel so happy about this, I want to punch a hole in the wall when I think about that.  

I am lucky to have photography as a way to relieve some of this pressure in my head.  I can focus on a handful of different projects, rather than worrying about something I might have to take care of in six months or trying to figure out how I can make something else more and more perfect that I should have stopped working on a week before.  I know, at some point, I need to take a deep breath and focus on one specific photography project to shape it into a finished whole, but right now, I'm in the chaos of the moment.  And that's okay.

Here are a few more thistle shots I've been working on:























































And I'm finally starting to face this portrait project I started but never finished a year ago: 






























I'm even working on some projects that other people have asked me for:










































And at the end of the day, I've still got half a dozen shots that I've worked on for myself, for no currently foreseen particular reason or purpose:










































1 comment: